Due to our knife master currently training in Japan, Traditional Japanese Knife Sharpening services will be temporarily unavailable
throughout the month of May & June. Korin
will continue to accept Traditional Japanese Knives for sharpening
however knives will not be sharpened until his return. We do apologize for any inconveniences caused.Western Style knives will not be affected and there will be no delay in the sharpening of these knives.
Having trouble sharpening your knives? Do your knives have chips in them? Do you need an extra-sharp edge for a special event? Send in your knives to Korin for a tune-up. We can sharpen and repair virtually any non-serrated knives, including hunting, and pocket knives. We sharpen all knives by hand using a variety of Japanese water stones. Prices vary from styles of knives and severity in damages. Traditional knives such as yanagi, usuba, and deba, require more labor and skill, thus will cost more to sharpen.
Wrap your knives up very carefully using several sheets of newspaper. Please DO NOT include blade covers, boxes, or sayas. Include a completed request form and send it to:
Korin is the first company in the world that was given authorization and certification to re-sharpen and repair knives from Masamoto Shohonten, Misono, Knife Systems (Suisin) and Nenohi.
Knife Sharpening and Fixing Fee
* Even if the knife company is a Japanese brand, it may not be a Traditional Japanese Style. Please note, Korin will determine price by the style.
If you crack or chip your blade, send it to us for repair. We use specialized mechanical water wheels imported from Japan. All knives are hand finished on water stones. Prices vary according to the type of knife and amount of repair work necessary.
* Our knife sharpening and repair services are available for any knives regardless of where they are purchased or if we carry them.
How to send your knives in for sharpening/repairing1.
Print and fill out everything on the Knife Service Request Form. Please be sure to state whether you are left or right handed.
Knife Sharpening/Repair Services
Korin Japanese Trading
57 Warren Street New York, NY 10007
2. You may also drop your knives off in person at our New York Showroom (same address as the above).
3. Please include a note with your contact information (full name, mailing address, phone number, email address)
4. Please state whether you are a left-handed or right-handed user and what you would like to be done on your knives (for example: broken tip needs repair, chip on blade needs fixing, etc.)
Once Korin Receives Your Knife1. Our staff will contact you once we have received your knives to inform you of the service and shipping fee.
2. We ask all customers to kindly provide us with the shipping fee to and from Korin.
3. Once the knives have been sharpened/repaired, we will contact you by phone or e-mail to let you know that they are ready to be shipped back.
4. We will ship back your knives.
5. You will receive an email confirmation with the UPS tracking information.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-626-2172 (toll free) or 212-587-7021. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.