Do you have an old
cracked traditional Japanese knife handle that smells a little fishy? We think
it’s time to replace the handle. Korin can replace old and worn out handles on
many traditional knives.
1. Take a picture of the knife and handle and email our customer service at email@example.com. Our customer service staff will show the picture to our sharpener to determine if we can replace the handle of the knife.
2. Once our sharpener comes to a decision, we will contact you if we can replace the handle or not.
3. If the handle is replaceable, fill out the Knife Services Form
4. Please wrap your knives well with newspaper.
(BUBBLE WRAP DOES NOT WORK.) We are not responsible for any damages done during
5. Ship to:
York, NY 10007
By the off chance that the handle can't be replaced upon inspecting the knife in person, we will contact you, then return the
knife. We will not charge you for the handle replacement service, but we ask
that all customers provide us with the return-shipping fee.
Please be advise that it may take up to
2~3 weeks for the handle to arrive from Japan. If we must ship the knife to the vendor, we ask all customers
to provide us with the $15 EMS fee as well as the handle replacement fee.
Caution! In the event we cannot remove
the handle, we must crack the handle in order to remove the blade. Therefore,
we cannot guarantee the return of the old handle. If you would like us to inspect whether
we can or cannot remove the handle without cracking it, please state on the
Knife Services Form that you do not wish for the handle to be crack. We will
contact you, then return the knife. We will not charge you for the handle
replacement service, but we ask that all customers provide us with the
Once Korin Receives Your Knife1. Our staff will contact you once we have received your knives to inform you of the service and shipping fee.
2. We ask all customers to kindly provide us with the shipping fee to and from Korin.
Once the knives have been sharpened/repaired, we will contact you by
phone or e-mail to let you know that they are ready to be shipped back.
4. We will ship back your knives.
5. You will receive an email confirmation with the UPS tracking information.
Please call Korin for details: 1-800-626-2172
(toll free) or 212-587-7021