|The Togiharu Cobalt line is created out of layered VG-10 damascus steel and a black composite wood handle. Cobalt’s properties strengthen and harden the blade, increasing durability and edge retention. These professional grade knives feature a gorgeous damascus design that also makes them popular as gifts. The symmetrical 50:50 double edged blade is suitable for both right and left-handed individuals.|
Cobalt is a naturally occurring inclusive (inclusion: any mineral or material that is trapped inside another mineral while being formed) mineral found in various ores used in the preparation of magnetic, wear-resistant, and high strength alloys.
Cobalt's properties include increasing the strength or hardness of a steel. Knife manufacturers who are forging knives from metals such as VG-10 and Ginsan-ko have an added benefit due to the cobalt content already present in these two types of steel. The Cobalt vanishes after the tempering process. Forging a knife purely out of Cobalt is nearly impossible and would be not be cost-effective. When sharpening these types of knives, it may be more difficult to regain a proper edge, but their durability and cutting edge are razor-sharp.
For Left-Handed Customer
- HRc: 59-60
- Bevel: 50/50 (Left and right handed user friendly)
- Steel Type: Stain Resistant
- This Western-style knife can be changed to left-handed by Korin's resident knife master.
- The fee for this conversion is $25.00 and will be added to the cost of your purchase.
- Left handed Honesuki, Yo-Deba, and Hankotsu knives are not available for the Togiharu brand.